Melfred Borzall IME Projects Fund
The Melsheimers, through their company, have generously contributed to the IME department Projects Fund. The mission of this fund is to help students develop engineering skills through project based learning. The fund will provide support to students who travel to project locations or need money to purchase supplies and materials. Priority for this funding will be given to projects that do not have funding from other sources or are working with non-profits or community members.
The application process for this fund is laid out below:
- Submit an application for funding to the fund director via email at any time during the school year. The director will look at four criteria:
- The project is for a non-profit or from the community
- There is no other funding available from the sponsor
- The project is part of a course or a senior project
- The request is for no more than $500
- The Fund Director and Department chair will review the application
- Notification for funding will occur within a week of the application
Fill out an Application (PDF), and send to
Fund Director 2016-17: Lizabeth Schlemer
On May 7, 2018, our IE in Healthcare Student Representatives Marie Scholl and Lisa Li organized the second Industrial Engineers in Healthcare Discussion Panelist Banquet. The panelists included representatives from Cleveland Clinic, Mazzetti, SLO Noor Foundation, Coastal Family Dermatology, and Radiology Associates.