Post Date: April 12, 2019
Vinyl Technology, Inc. has been a leading manufacturer of custom made plastic and industrial fabric products since 1981. Industries served range from military, the space program, medical to extreme sports. We are a family-owned company known for our incredible customer service and quality products. Currently we have an exciting opportunity for a result oriented “Industrial Engineer – Intern”.
- Learn how to conduct time studies of various operations to create process improvements and validate work standards
- Create work instructions for undocumented operations
- Analyze and sort statistical data to form observations and work sampling
- Learn to operate ERP system (EPICOR) to facilitate improvement projects and data analysis
Who We Are Looking For:
- Recent Grads, rising Juniors and Seniors currently enrolled in a 4-year degree program (Industrial Engineering degree preferred)
- Demonstrate critical thinking and innovative, effective problem-solving skills
- Process oriented individual
- Team collaboration and strong communication skills
- The confidence and flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Self-motivated, ready to learn
To apply for the role of Industrial Engineer - Intern, please submit a resume and salary history to:
- Jackie Sanchez, Director of Human Resources
- (626) 443-5257 ext 126
Post Date: February 8, 2019
Webcor builders is coming to Cal Poly for an information session, with a very quick interview turn-around! They are looking to hire students for full-time positions, as well as internships, so all are encouraged to come and hear more about their company. The information session will be on Wednesday, February 13th from 6:00 to 7:00 PM CIC in Building 186 (Room B202). They will then interview the following day, February 14th. if you are interested in requesting an interview, please contact Brad Denney for details, specifying what kind of position you are interested in (with your resume attached). Brad Denney can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Post Date: January 18, 2019
The following Requisition was posted by Hanna L Garrett. More information on this job can be found on the Boeing career page, but they are looking for a manufacturing engineer with composites experience at Boeing in Mesa, AZ
Requisition Number: 1900008480
Job Title: Manufacturing Planner
For questions, please contact Hanna L Garrett at email@example.com
Post Date: January 31, 2019
Esterline in Paso Robles is in need of a Manager of Manufacturing Engineering who would be working with Injection Molding Team, Product Development Team, EH&S, Maintenance, & Planning. Esterline Connection Technologies is a world leader in the harsh environment interconnect solutions market with a culture of operational excellence. They design, manufacture and market high performance and high reliability interconnect solutions for the aviation, defense, space, energy, and transportation markets. Please submit your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants with prior French Language coursework (high school or college) will be considered with less experience.
- Set-up, trouble shoot, and operate all machine tools and equipment in the injection molding department
- Perform set-ups that will assure the safety of the machine operator
- Understand the quality, inspection and company routing systems as described in the Sunbank QMS
- Program and adjust molding machine production parameters
- Interface with production control on work scheduling and purchasing material needs
- Ability to perform cavity and core changeovers
- Strong mechanical ability and hand tool skills
- Perform other assigned tasks as requested
Additional Skills (preferred)
- Plastic Injection set-up and molding experience
- Electronics or plastic training a plus
- Extrusion experience
- Lean Manufacturing
Education and Previous Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years’ technical experience
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to perform work in engineering and manufacturing environments
- Experience or training in project definition, design, process control, and statistics.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including formal presentations and technical papers.
- Ability to work effectively with peers.
- Advocate of standards and process improvement.
- Experience with Change and Problem Management.
- Methodical approach and able to work multiple projects or tasks concurrently.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Must have good analytical abilities, be creative and take initiative
RSM US LLP
Post Date: January 24, 2019
RSM US LLP, will be at the career fair next week. We are a huge CPA firm that just recently acquired a fast growing practice for ERP implementations. We have a few full-time positions that we are still looking to fill for our summer 2019 class and we prefer to fill them in with Cal Poly students. Needless to say we have a huge Cal Poly presence at this company, all very successful.
These positions are very technical in nature since the product requires a lot of modifications through programming based on the customer needs. The base ERP product we use is Dynamics D365 for Finance and Operations. RSM invests a lot of time and money in preparing new hires for real projects, but it is very fast paced. New hires will need to be in the time in the beginning to get a good understanding of the system. Moreover, we need our new hires to be very flexible with travel because this job requires us to travel to wherever the client is. We have two offices in the Bay Area, one in San Francisco and the other in San Jose. Students who enjoyed IME 410 and did well in IME 312 are great candidates.
There are two rounds of interviews, one is scheduled after the career fair and the final one will be at our main office in San Francisco if you get invited. We hope to hear from you!
RUSSEL SIGLER INC.
Post Date: January 24, 2019
Russel Sigler Inc. is trying to find some more recruits for Commercial HVAC Sales. They will have a booth set up on Thursday in the main gym at the career fair. The company is restructuring and growing and are looking for a few people who can come on the team ASAP, however as always they are trying to find as many talented young engineers as possible. It is highly encouraged to come out if you have an interest in a career in Sales Engineering. The job requirements are as follows:
The Technical Engineer provides design and systems application support to outside sales engineers, assigned customer accounts, and contractors. Responsible for a variety of tasks including equipment selection, job pricing, creation of bid projects, producing submittals, and other key job responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact and work closely on a daily basis with outside sales engineers, customers/contractors, and internal employees
- Provide support and backup coverage to outside sales engineers
- Work with other departments; order entry, bid desk, and credit department to ensure approved submittals and orders are entered into the order system
- Interface with the corporate credit department to ensure orders are not on credit hold
- Responsible for providing quotes to customers and for responding to customer inquiries, job follow up, job site coordination of equipment delivery and crane meets
- Select equipment along with pricing that will be presented to customers/contractors as part of job bids and submittals
Critical Knowledge and Skills:
- Accuracy, analytical skills, and attention to details are required
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Detailed orientated
- Multitasking and organizational skills
- Good judgment and planning skills
- Work independently with minimal supervision in a fast paced work environment
- Research using systems, software and product guides, catalogs and manufacturing literature
- Review, evaluate, and make suggestions and product recommendations to customers as well as provide technical support when needed
- Knowledge of HVAC Carrier Products is preferred
- Knowledge of Carrier software (Quote Builder, Sage, HVAC Partners, ECAT, vendor websites) is preferred
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
W. L. Gore & Associates
Post Date: January 24, 2019
W.L. Gore & Associates (the makers of Gore-tex) will be at the Career Fair this week. One of their reps, a Cal Poly grad named Travis Thursby (email@example.com), said they will have permanent job openings available. Feel free to stop in at their booth or email Travis if you have questions.