College of Engineering Virtual Tours - Spring Quarter 2021
Here is the link to get to our college virtual tour video and how to sign up for CENG Ambassador live Q&A sessions via Zoom (offered 3x a week).
The following calendar lists the Engineering Info Sessions schedule. To register for a session, please go to the Visit Cal Poly website.
Currently Closed - New Process to Request for a Permission Number - Will Reopen for Summer 2021 Registration Friday, April 23, 2021
Effective Spring quarter registration cycle (Thursday, February 18, 2021 - Thursday, April 8, 2021, 5:00pm), the faculty and staff are no longer accepting email requests from students requesting a permission #.
Students needing a permission # for our IME courses, will follow the new process and procedure to request a permission # for Spring 2021 registration and this will continue into the future. *
*Note: To request a permission # for IME 470/471 (Rob Carter) & IME 570/571 (Liz (Schlemer) Thompson), contact the instructor of record by email. Do not use the Request for Permission Form.
1) To request a permission # click on the link below (Available, Monday, February 15, 2021) or the QR Code (Available, Monday, February 15, 2021):
2) Enter one request per course/section with your information into the form completely and detailed. Please DO NOT enter another request for the same course/section. This will only make receiving a permission # take longer to process.
**Remember to get on the waitlist as well as request a permission #. The request for a permission # will not supersede the waitlist.
Coming Soon: Students receive a confirmation email when you submit a "Request for a Permission #".
3) The request for a permission # will be sent to the IME office (Stephanie Allen) through Microsoft Power Apps for review.
- If the IME office (Stephanie Allen) can issue the permission #, you will receive an email from Microsoft Power Apps with the Subject Titled: Permission #.
- If the instructor needs to review the request for a permission #, the instructor will receive an email regarding your request. Once the instructor has made a decision, the student will receive an email from Microsoft Power Apps with the decision.
4) We will make every effort to send you a permission # as soon as possible. Be aware that depending on the reason for the permission # request and the timing of the request, it may take longer to get back to the student.
IME Commitment to Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
The IME Department stands with the Cal Poly College of Engineering, https://ceng.calpoly.edu/diversity/, in our commitment to addressing and instituting an educational system based in social justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion. While we work on related issues in faculty and staff hiring and retention, student recruitment and success, classroom equity and inclusion, and fair access to educational resources and opportunities, please share your experiences, ideas, or suggestions to email@example.com.
Support for Student's Basic Needs
27% of Cal Poly students experience food insecurity, or inadequate access to food. 12% experience homelessness. These challenges are common among college students and they lead to severe consequences for physical, mental, and academic wellbeing. If you or someone you know is having difficulty accessing basic needs like enough healthy food or stable housing, please know that our campus offers a number of free and effective resources. Visit www.basicneeds.calpoly.edu for more information or let me know and I will gladly help you access resources.